The Following Breaks are Filling Now, Click the Links Below to Purchase your Spots.

Explain Your Name

Give us a short intro about yourself and what brings you to 643!

Re: Explain Your Name

Postby sabres shawn » 2012-Jun-Thu-10-06

shawn72469-
shawn- my name
724-july 24th date of birth-
69- long story for this number. 69 is the address of where i lived when i was a teenager. thus house ruined my life due to a fire! every card i had collected for my 1st 16 years of life were lost in the fire. thousand of cards burned and lost forever.
have been trying to get my collection built up in the last 10 years but its just not the same...
Last edited by teeks643 on 2012-Jun-Sat-08-06, edited 1 time in total.
sabres shawn

Postby Subterfuge » 2012-Jun-Thu-11-06

aww man, cards lost in a fire! i feel your pain!
My Ebay - Please use this link when buying teams, bookmark it! and Breaks and Videos, come chat with us and watch live breaks on breakers.tv/643boxbreaks My Newest Project www.breakninja.com Awesome Checklist Site for all Sports Cards.
Subterfuge

Postby J Dubs » 2013-Mar-Sat-03-03

We need this to come back. I like hearing about how people come up with their names
J Dubs
Rookie of 643

Postby FlowerGirl29 » 2013-Mar-Sat-02-03

No big story here. Flower is for Fleury obviously. 29 is his number. And I threw the Girl in there to let you guys know I'm a lady. ;)
My Marc-André Fleury PC
http://web2278.gamma.gra.de/pechpilz/index.htm

Trade Bait - see if I have something you like
http://web2278.gamma.gra.de/pechpilz/trade.htm
FlowerGirl29

Postby shanedawg2k12 » 2013-Mar-Sun-04-03

I always put the year on the end of my name so I know how long I've had the account. I have 2k3, 2k4 all the way up to 2k12, depending on the site/forum.

'Shane' isn't actually my first name, but it is the name I've always gone by. As for the 'dawg,' that' dates back to my days working at the local university in the athletics department. During orientation week, the athletics director had all the varsity athletes attend aBBQ so he could introduce each of them to the staff. 200 "kids" in a gymnasium and when he introduced me, one of the women's basketball players shouted out "Shanedawg!"

And it stuck.

FYI, in my time in college athletics, the men's basketball team won 3 national titles and the women's team went on a 74-game winning streak. Just heard that the women's team are in the final 8 teams for CIS (Canada's NCAA) March Madness! Scored 30 points in the 4th quarter to clinch the berth! :nanner
shanedawg2k12

Postby Bummerboy » 2013-Mar-Sun-11-03

Bummerboy. Well, back when I was 3 or 4 years of age, around 1949 or 50, my parents frequently had friends or relatives visiting at our house. Sitting around the kitchen table, they would be smoking cigarettes and drinking. Coffee, tea, pop or the occasional Koehlers beer (a now defunct brewery in my home town of Erie, Pa. where I still live and is the home of the Erie Otters where Connor McDavid is playing his Junior hockey). Well, anyway, I would crawl up into each person's lap and bum a sip of whatever they were drinking. So my father nicknamed me his little Bummerboy! My sister's nickname was Princess. My brother, he is 10 years older than me, 76, his nickname was Squirt! Don't ask!!!!!!! So when I logged on to my first computer in 2001, I picked the name Bummerboy and used it as my handle on EBAY and everywhere else. My name is Jack. But the next time you see me in an airport, don't look at me! Put your head down and walk away! Do not acknowledge me in any way! The last thing you want to yell at an airport is, HI JACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bummerboy

Postby J Dubs » 2013-Mar-Sun-02-03

:lol: great story Jack! i kind of want to find u in an airport now and call ur name and see what happend :lol:
J Dubs
Rookie of 643

Postby teeks643 » 2013-Mar-Sun-10-03

shanedawg2k12 wrote:'Shane' isn't actually my first name, but it is the name I've always gone by.

I am very interested to know what your legal first name is. I brought this up at family dinner at the in-laws today and nobody had any idea what I was talking about. Not even Gayle.
teeks643
Website Admin

Postby shanedawg2k12 » 2013-Mar-Mon-02-03

teeks643 wrote:
shanedawg2k12 wrote:'Shane' isn't actually my first name, but it is the name I've always gone by.

I am very interested to know what your legal first name is. I brought this up at family dinner at the in-laws today and nobody had any idea what I was talking about. Not even Gayle.

Muahaha! It's my secret!! :lol:

According to my mother, I was named 'Shane' after the Alan Ladd movie (FYI - he's a very short man. The director had trenches cut for all the other actors to walk in beside him. :(). I have 2 cousins named after cowboys as well.
shanedawg2k12

Postby dwh78 » 2013-Mar-Wed-01-03

DWH stands for: Domino Web Access, an IBM software product. It was how old folks got online in the very early 1990s. In the year 78, Romans conquered the Ordovices, located in present-day northern Wales. As a Welshman, this year is of great significance.
dwh78

PreviousNext

Return to Introduce yourself