The Following Breaks are Filling Now, Click the Links Below to Purchase your Spots.

Explain Your Name

Give us a short intro about yourself and what brings you to 643!

Re: Explain Your Name

Postby DrunkenAlchemist » 2012-Feb-Thu-03-02

Wow, i was just boosting around the boards, and i realised i hadnt properly explored them yet, and found this thread! Thanks for the fav call teeks haha, but there really isnt much of a story behind it, my PS3 and beckett.com username is nemesis77777, (through the same problem golfnut had)a and i got bored of it, and one night i was a bit drunk and watching full metal alchemist, so i coined Drunken Alchemist as a combination of 2 things going on at the time haha. No great story here, but i like my new handle on here better than nemesis lol. It provides such a funnier mental image haha.

Banner Courtesy of Los Tha Don
DrunkenAlchemist

Postby teeks643 » 2012-Feb-Thu-08-02

DrunkenAlchemist wrote: It provides such a funnier mental image haha.

Agreed 100%. Between username and email address, you've made me chuckle to myself on more than one occasion.
teeks643
Website Admin

Postby felixvictoria » 2012-Mar-Thu-05-03

Hi there, my "name" goes back to public school, a long long time ago, and I was called Felix after Felix the Cat, don't ask me why, I really don't know, and then I live in Victoria. Nothing to do with the odd couple. No heavy metal. No sports link. :lol: :lol: :lol:
felixvictoria

Postby teeks643 » 2012-Mar-Tue-10-03

Alright I'm going to call a few people out to answer the bell on this thread. There are a few names that I've been curious about. I'm not sure if all of these are on the forum but I figure I'll shotgun this one (with a large enough spray of ammo, something has gotta hit):

AskPiper
Eldonko
tbsol
eesper
teeks643
Website Admin

Postby dubs88 » 2012-Mar-Wed-12-03

Well... eesper is pretty straight forward...

first name: ed
last name: esper
e esper
eesper
<fin>
dubs88
643 Box Breaker

Postby teeks643 » 2012-Mar-Wed-12-03

dubs88 wrote:Well... eesper is pretty straight forward...

first name: ed
last name: esper
e esper
eesper
<fin>

touché
teeks643
Website Admin

Postby askpiper » 2012-Mar-Wed-12-03

Alright, fine. I wish I had something more exciting after holding you all in suspense (Ty)... But my maiden name was Piper. When I was in high school I was a tutor, so logically my email became askpiper. I found eBay shortly after that, and used the same name... so for consistency I just keep using it.

Sorry it's not more exciting, creative, or hockey related. I do still wish I had been able to convince TJ to register as DontAskPiper :D
askpiper
643 Box Breaker

Postby teeks643 » 2012-Mar-Wed-07-03

Haha! Thanks for sharing Kristy. It's a cool story so don't feel bad that it's not exciting enough!
teeks643
Website Admin

Postby Dougster » 2012-May-Tue-03-05

I had many nicknames growing up as a child, but really nothing stuck.

GentleGiant - a name given to me because I grew up so quickly and that I towered over many people, but eventually I stopped growing.
TCruise - a name given to me in Grade 9 because I refused to cut my hair, eventually I had the Tom Cruise look from Mission Impossible.
Fatty - a name given to me by my sister of all people. I don't know where she got the name and I don't think I'll be asking her.
Dougster - a name given to me by my Grade 7 home room teacher. Had this teacher all the way up to Grade 11 and I guess it stuck.

Currently looking for Teemu Selanne (Jets) and other Jets - Pavalec, Kane, Scheiffle, Ladd, and Burmistrov. If you have any, leave me a PM & tell me what you're looking for & I'll get back to you.
Dougster

Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada (Home of the Winnipeg Jets)

Postby vaughgeran » 2012-May-Tue-04-05

Cool, Dougster. I had a few teachers that called me names too (can't repeat them here though.... ladies present, you know...)
vaughgeran

PreviousNext

Return to Introduce yourself