The Following Breaks are Filling Now, Click the Links Below to Purchase your Spots.

Explain Your Name

Give us a short intro about yourself and what brings you to 643!

Re: Explain Your Name

Postby theburiedlife » 2012-Jan-Tue-05-01

My name is probably one of the more nerdy to explain. I picked it for my e-mail when the net was just getting big. Its the title of a poem by Matthew Arnold. I also have had it since well before that show MTV had called the same name. I even have received e-mails intended for the show.

But often, in the world's most crowded streets,
But often, in the din of strife,
There rises an unspeakable desire
After the knowledge of our buried life;
A thirst to spend our fire and restless force
In tracking out our true, original course;
theburiedlife

Postby Subterfuge » 2012-Jan-Tue-05-01

nice, welcome aboard!
My Ebay - Please use this link when buying teams, bookmark it! and Breaks and Videos, come chat with us and watch live breaks on breakers.tv/643boxbreaks My Newest Project www.breakninja.com Awesome Checklist Site for all Sports Cards.
Subterfuge

Postby Golfnut77777 » 2012-Jan-Tue-06-01

Last edited by Golfnut77777 on 2012-May-Thu-09-05, edited 1 time in total.
My Photo Bucket

My Twitter: @Golfnut77777
MY EBAY
Golfnut77777

Postby vaughgeran » 2012-Feb-Wed-01-02

Mine is pretty simple also. It's not a nickname.... it's actually my name. Well, more specifically, my middle name. I was born and raised in s a small town in Southwest Michigan. My mother gave me that name because she frequented a club where the original Temptations band played long before they were famous. Two of the gentlemen who played instruments in the band had last names "Geran" and "Vaughn". She wanted to give me a name that would be distinctive, and decided that putting those two names together fit the bill. Geranvaughn didn't look right or flow well off the tongue, so with a bit of her own "poetic license", she decided on Vaughgeran (pronounced as you would the two names apart: VON-jer-ON, or VON-je-RON.
vaughgeran

Postby Subterfuge » 2012-Feb-Wed-01-02

seee! told you it was pronounced VON JERAN....was trying to tell them on blog the other day but nobody listens to little old me, welcome aboard!
My Ebay - Please use this link when buying teams, bookmark it! and Breaks and Videos, come chat with us and watch live breaks on breakers.tv/643boxbreaks My Newest Project www.breakninja.com Awesome Checklist Site for all Sports Cards.
Subterfuge

Postby dubs88 » 2012-Feb-Wed-07-02

to be fair, if his name was spelled vaughngeran then i wouldn't have argued it at all, but without the 'n' it was a little tricksy. But it is really nice to know that actual pronunciation because i would have pronounced it Vaw-garen. and welcome to the site!
dubs88
643 Box Breaker

Postby J Dubs » 2012-Feb-Tue-01-02

i will have to say i chose J Dubs because in school i had a lot of nick names i will see if i can remember them all and share the good and bad my first nic name was well Jonathan then it got shortened to J.W. which people call me sometimes and when i was maybe in grade 7 and 8 i got called Jonny hotdog which was really offencive to me because i had a little weight on me and i just felt depressed when i got called that but in grade 9 things started to change for my names and my E.L.A. teacher started to call me J Dubs which is a cooler way instead of J.W. and it just stuck and now almost every one calls me J Dubs. (which Daniel didn't really like at first but he got over it.. i hope)

so ya there is why it is J Dubs!
J Dubs
Rookie of 643

Postby teeks643 » 2012-Feb-Tue-01-02

Welcome aboard bud!
teeks643
Website Admin

Postby dubs88 » 2012-Feb-Tue-05-02

just for the record, im still annoyed but, in the words of Christian Slater...
Attachments
ill allow it.png
dubs88
643 Box Breaker

Postby J Dubs » 2012-Feb-Tue-07-02

dubs88 wrote:just for the record, im still annoyed but, in the words of Christian Slater...

hahaha if you have a problem with it talk to Ms. Sansome!
J Dubs
Rookie of 643

PreviousNext

Return to Introduce yourself