The Following Breaks are Filling Now, Click the Links Below to Purchase your Spots.

New to Collecting!

Give us a short intro about yourself and what brings you to 643!

New to Collecting!

Postby Bruins13 » 2012-Sep-Fri-08-09

Hey there everyone! Sorry I never really introduced myself before but you guys had me too involved in the breaks! haha

First I'd like to thank Golfnut77777 for pointing this site out to me. I love it!

My name is Rich and I am from Upstate NY, Just south of Montreal. So it might seem weird that I am an avid Bruins fan. :) I used to collect when I was a kid, but somehow my collection got placed in a garage sale when I was stationed out West for 4 years. I just never seemed to pick it up again. A friend got me interested again about a month ago and then I was turned onto this site by Golfnut! Hitting the "Deal or no Deal" on one of my first breaks got me hooked! LOL ... Thanks a lot! :)

So I am a really new collector with very few cards. I am interested in Boston and I love Jumbo Joe as well. I will always be up for some Rangers cards if there are no Boston available, since that is who my friend, who got me back into collecting, routes for. Along that line, if anyone sees a break and I get something you want, please let me know. I'm sure we can work something out. Also, if I win a hit and there are base cards (only for Boston and Rangers), I would appreciate you sending them with the hit. Only because I really have very few cards and am starting all over again. I will gladly pay for shipping.

It has been a fun filled few weeks on here and this seems to be a really good group of people! Thanks for keeping it interesting and making collecting more fun for everyone!

Rich
Bruins13

Re: New to Collecting!

Postby Moguai » 2012-Sep-Fri-09-09

Welcome Rich to 643, Yea I'm not sure which is more addicting collecting the cards or joining in the breaks themselves.
Moguai

Postby tomschepker » 2012-Sep-Fri-09-09

Welcome Rich, as you have probably noticed we have a really friendly and helpful community around here so if you need anything at all don't hesitate to ask. Since I have apparently beaten Subterfuge to your post, I'll give you the info he normally provides just as an FYI:

We like to hang out on blog tv where we chat and break boxes live, here's the link:
http://www.blogtv.com/people/643boxbreaks_com

We have "Buy it now" or "BIN" style auctions ever night that will be posted in this thread:
http://www.643boxbreakers.com/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=426
You can subscribe to this topic at the bottom and it will email you when we post the new breaks.

And of course our auction site where you can buy into some of our breaks if you wish.
http://www.643boxbreaks.com/

Our site has paypal checkout and the same buyer protection that ebay employs, When you buy some auctions
simply wait for the invoice for all your teams to come through (usually with in 10 minutes)
and then click "User Panel"/"Pay for auctions you won" on the auction site to square up your purchases.

Please try to keep chat on our blog and forum at a PG level as we have children hanging around at times.

Every auction you win counts towards our TOP 25 rewards where we give a free break about once a month or sooner.
For more info check this page:
http://643boxbreaks.com/cgi-bin/auction ... _bid_board

Trading and Selling cards: Feel free to post your Ebay links as long as they do not contain box breaks.
Using the trading portion of our site requires anyone with 0 to 5 feedback to send the cards first.
We take no responsibility for anyone who may get ripped off, use common sense during trades.

-tom/tj/askpiper's lesser half
tomschepker
643 Box Breaker

Postby Dougster » 2012-Sep-Fri-12-09

Welcome to 643.

Currently looking for Teemu Selanne (Jets) and other Jets - Pavalec, Kane, Scheiffle, Ladd, and Burmistrov. If you have any, leave me a PM & tell me what you're looking for & I'll get back to you.
Dougster

Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada (Home of the Winnipeg Jets)

Postby Subterfuge » 2012-Sep-Fri-12-09

welcome bud, wish i knew u wanted boston/ranger base before i mailed to u yesterday lol. most of the breakers will comply and soon you will be swimming in base, welcome to 643!
My Ebay - Please use this link when buying teams, bookmark it! and Breaks and Videos, come chat with us and watch live breaks on breakers.tv/643boxbreaks My Newest Project www.breakninja.com Awesome Checklist Site for all Sports Cards.
Subterfuge

Postby vaughgeran » 2012-Sep-Fri-12-09

Welcome, Rich. Good to have you aboard.

Tony
Last edited by vaughgeran on 2012-Sep-Fri-12-09, edited 1 time in total.
vaughgeran

Postby teeks643 » 2012-Sep-Fri-02-09

Bruins13 wrote:Also, if I win a hit and there are base cards (only for Boston and Rangers), I would appreciate you sending them with the hit. Only because I really have very few cards and am starting all over again. I will gladly pay for shipping.

This is exactly my policy Rich! Any 11/12 base cards are always put into a parcel that is kept for the member until they receive a hit, at which time all cards are shipped out together. It's too bad I didn't see this message earlier as I could have included a bunch of Bruins/Rangers extras for you in the package I sent out from the previous break. I'll make sure to slip some extras in for you in your next parcel!

Welcome to the site!
Ty
teeks643
Website Admin

Postby Bruins13 » 2012-Sep-Fri-05-09

Thanks for the welcome guys. Don't worry about the base card thing. I'm sure there will be many more opportunity since I absolutely love the breaks! And I can't remember who said it...but the Breaks are MUCH more addicting than the collecting! lol

you guys make it too much fun! haha
Bruins13

Postby 46-Blitz8 » 2012-Sep-Fri-05-09

Bruins13 wrote:Thanks for the welcome guys. Don't worry about the base card thing. I'm sure there will be many more opportunity since I absolutely love the breaks! And I can't remember who said it...but the Breaks are MUCH more addicting than the collecting! lol

you guys make it too much fun! haha

I will set aside and file your BOS and NYR base as well. I didn't know you wanted them, so I shipped your SPx hit without. My apologies.
46-Blitz8
643 Box Breaker

Postby Moguai » 2012-Sep-Fri-06-09

Gotcha Rich expect base to be sent in the future. Don't worry about having to pay extra for shipping as we factor shipping some base in already of course it will be shipped along with your hits.
Last edited by Moguai on 2012-Sep-Fri-06-09, edited 1 time in total.
Moguai

Next

Return to Introduce yourself