The Following Breaks are Filling Now, Click the Links Below to Purchase your Spots.

Subterfuge Playoff Hockey Pool

Anything regarding sports goes in here.

Re: Subterfuge Playoff Hockey Pool

Postby rabigjb » 2012-Apr-Thu-07-04

I've never participated in a pool like this so I struggled with a strategy. Do I put all my eggs in two baskets, so to speak, and fill my roster with the teams I think will make it to the Cup Finals? Of course if you miss on those picks then you are done. Or do you really spread your picks between a lot of teams, in which case you might score points early, but then lose your roster a little bit each round. I mainly chose by the latter strategy I think.
Last edited by rabigjb on 2012-Apr-Thu-07-04, edited 1 time in total.
rabigjb

Postby Subterfuge » 2012-May-Mon-07-05

3 people from 643 have still not paid for their teams in the pool, so if you guys could send me the cash that would be great, thanks
My Ebay - Please use this link when buying teams, bookmark it! and Breaks and Videos, come chat with us and watch live breaks on breakers.tv/643boxbreaks My Newest Project www.breakninja.com Awesome Checklist Site for all Sports Cards.
Subterfuge

Postby rabigjb » 2012-Jun-Tue-07-06

Hey I think I won, lol. But I sure didn't score many points in the last two rounds. Of the final four teams, 1 Devil on my roster, 1 Coyote on my roster, and zero Kings (my apologies).

After the first round I really started analyzing and questioning my roster - when I picked I just went through each box of 5 players and picked who I thought would score the most. Which left me with a way unbalanced roster with 18 of my 27 players from the Eastern Conference - lots of Flyers, Penguins, Rangers. It worked this year, but barely. Last two rounds it was just me watching everyone catch up, and seeing if I could hold the lead against people with rosters with fair representation from LAK, PHO, and NJD.

Thanks for setting up the pool, Subterfuge!
rabigjb

Postby Subterfuge » 2012-Jun-Tue-12-06

thanks, and congratz.

gonna wait a couple days for that pool site to finalize, and i think i have to track down a few people who havent paid from 643, then i will figure out and process the payment, thanks everyone for playing!
My Ebay - Please use this link when buying teams, bookmark it! and Breaks and Videos, come chat with us and watch live breaks on breakers.tv/643boxbreaks My Newest Project www.breakninja.com Awesome Checklist Site for all Sports Cards.
Subterfuge

Postby askpiper » 2012-Jun-Tue-05-06

Dang! Just missed on 3rd place... At least I did better than TJ :lol:

Thanks Mike for a fun pool.
askpiper
643 Box Breaker

Postby Subterfuge » 2012-Jun-Tue-08-06

yeah i was watching that, for the last round the guy in third had no players at all and you had 2 devils, kovalchuk had an assist removed one night too...so close. and your welcome!
Subterfuge

Postby Subterfuge » 2012-Jun-Thu-12-06

ok guys, got the pool stuff done

some of the payments were thru paypal, and some in cash but im too lazy right now to figure out paypal fees and whatnot so im just gonna pay in full and eat the fees, no biggie

28 total teams
Rabigjb 1st place $168 (please send me your paypal address bud, and congratz)
Tig Ol' Bitties 2nd place $84 (my nephew, sigh, i will never hear the end of this)
Russ B. 3rd place $28 (my brothers friend at work)
Subterfuge

Postby tomschepker » 2012-Jun-Thu-12-06

lol, I'm not ever gonna hear the end of it either.....Piper smoked me. Any Idea how many times I've heard "wow, you finished in last honey!"
tomschepker
643 Box Breaker

Previous

Return to General Sports Chat