The Following Breaks are Filling Now, Click the Links Below to Purchase your Spots.

Let's talk: Olympic Hockey

Anything regarding sports goes in here.

Let's talk: Olympic Hockey

Postby JR0B13 » 2014-Jan-Fri-09-01

A lot of controversy over the newly released USA mens hockey team.
What do you think of their roster, and should they have found a spot for Ryan, Yandle, and Johnson?

Here is the official Roster link:
http://olympics.usahockey.com/page/show/1067902-roster

To me it seems like the "Go-To" guy was a good skater who can handle the big ice with a physical edge.
Bobby Ryan to me is a ONLY top 6 player. He is a RW, so he would have had to steal a spot from Kessel and Patty Kane in my opinion to have a spot.

Every NHL team would be lucky to have a guy like Yandle on their Blue-Line, but if you were sending team Canada down the ice, would you really want Yandle there??? I think he would be great on the PP for team USA, but I think they made the right choice in going a little more bigger and physical on the point. You just have to assume mnajority of the play will be on 5on5. I would think Suter and Shatenkirk would be top PP unit anyways. Lefty and Righty.

I would have maybe liked to see Johnson in Faulk's spot, but overall i think Team USA is well balanced for both 5on5 and special teams, and will definately be putting their opponents to work even though they left out some big names.
JR0B13

Re: Let's talk: Olympic Hockey

Postby felixvictoria » 2014-Feb-Thu-04-02

:clap GOLD MEDAL :clap CONGRATS TO WOMENS HOCKEY TEAM CANADA :nanner :nanner WAY TO GO. Come from behind... 2-0....At start of 3rd period, we score a goal, then in last seconds we tie the game. What an overtime...ref gets in the way of a Canadian player and results in shot by American going down the long ice, to empty net, and Hits the Post. :smack Then in overtime it was 3 on 3 due to penalties and then we should have had a penalty shot, but only a minor was called. This meant Cda got one more player on the ice & it was 4 players for Cda to 3 for US. And we SCORED. What jubilation. :humantorch :humantorch WAY TO GO CANADA :crown :crown :crown :crown
felixvictoria

Return to General Sports Chat