The Following Breaks are Filling Now, Click the Links Below to Purchase your Spots.

Arizona Coyotes?

Anything regarding sports goes in here.

Arizona Coyotes?

Postby Bluenoze87 » 2013-Aug-Mon-01-08

Well it's official the Coyotes have been sold and they changed their name? Why do they have to change the name, that screws up our team list, lol
My eBay page, if I have anything listed?!?! http://bit.ly/L4WqKq
Bluenoze87
643 Box Breaker

Re: Arizona Coyotes?

Postby askpiper » 2013-Aug-Mon-04-08

Not just that, it screws up my kids PC... poor Phenex, all he wanted was to grow up and play for the Phoenix Coyotes (or Blackhawks). LOL
askpiper
643 Box Breaker

Postby Golfnut77777 » 2013-Aug-Mon-05-08

It screws up the team list cause now if the move to the "a", then Colorado becomes the #8 team, which doesn't sit well if my favorite # of 7. BOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Arizona/Phoenix!
My Photo Bucket

My Twitter: @Golfnut77777
MY EBAY
Golfnut77777

Postby Bluenoze87 » 2013-Aug-Mon-06-08

I'm keeping them where they are at and making them Phoenix/Arizona
My eBay page, if I have anything listed?!?! http://bit.ly/L4WqKq
Bluenoze87
643 Box Breaker

Postby soccertaz » 2013-Aug-Mon-06-08

Where are you guys reading that they are changing the name?
soccertaz

Postby askpiper » 2013-Aug-Mon-06-08

askpiper
643 Box Breaker

Postby teeks643 » 2013-Aug-Tue-12-08

I read in one article that the name change will likely only take place starting in the 2013/14 season. So PJ has a while to ease his way into a new team list ;)
teeks643
Website Admin

Postby felixvictoria » 2013-Aug-Tue-11-08

The sale and ownership of the Arizona franchise was approved by the NHL's Board of Governors. IceArizona is composed of several business leaders from across North America. Renaissance Sports and Entertainment, LLC will serve as the managing partner of IceArizona.

The NHL has been running the Coyotes for the last four years after rescuing it from a protracted battle in Bankruptcy Court. The franchise was in jeopardy of relocating if the city of Glendale did not accept the terms of Renaissance Sports and Entertainment to operate Jobing.com arena.

LeBlanc, Gosbee and nine other owners — the vast majority of whom are Canadian businessmen with connections to Arizona — are jumping in to a long process that includes adding staff on the business side and trying to sell tickets to grow the Coyotes’ reach. Part of the effort includes a name change to the Arizona Coyotes, likely effective for the 2014-15 season

"We are thrilled to be taking over a team led by one of the NHL's best general managers in Don Maloney, one of the best coaches in Dave Tippett, and the league's longest serving and most respected Captain in Shane Doan," said Anthony LeBlanc, Alternate Governor and pending CEO of the franchise. "The Coyotes are here to stay and we will continue to work hard on and off the ice and have a strong presence in our community. Our ultimate goal is to bring a Stanley Cup championship to our tremendously resilient, passionate and dedicated fan base here in the Valley. We have a lot of work to do and we can't wait to get started."

RSE's involvement helped stabilize the franchise even before the lease agreement with Glendale was approved.

Before the vote, the Coyotes were able to sign general manager Don Maloney, assistant general manager Brad Treliving and coach Dave Tippett, along with most of his staff, before the lease deal was completed. Phoenix also signed top goalie Mike Smith to a long-term deal and, once the lease agreement was in place, RSE gave the front office the financial freedom it didn't have in four years of being run by the NHL, allowing the team to sign front-line forward Mike Ribeiro.

The new ownership group is composed of George Gosbee, Anthony LeBlanc, Avik Dey, Gary J. Drummond, W. David Duckett, W.R. Dutton, Daryl Jones, Robert Gwin, Scott Saxberg, Craig Stewart, and Richard Walter.
felixvictoria

Return to General Sports Chat