The Following Breaks are Filling Now, Click the Links Below to Purchase your Spots.

2013 World Juniors

Anything regarding sports goes in here.

Re: 2013 World Juniors

Postby JehRoss » 2012-Dec-Wed-04-12

Any other die-hards up at this hour to watch Canada put a beating on Germany?
JehRoss

Postby Bluenoze87 » 2012-Dec-Wed-05-12

You betcha! 6:00am Newfie time for me, my mom and wife think I'm crazy but they just don't get it. My mom didn't even have TSN so I had to call and add it! The lady on the phone understood my predicament and didn't really ask any questions, she must have been in Canada, haha, GO CANADA GO!
My eBay page, if I have anything listed?!?! http://bit.ly/L4WqKq
Bluenoze87
643 Box Breaker

Postby tomschepker » 2012-Dec-Wed-10-12

JehRoss wrote:Any other die-hards up at this hour to watch Canada put a beating on Germany?

I totally passed out, lol. Watching Russia-Slovakia now. It was a LONG day yesterday with the little guy...what's great about this is that the original plan was to get him up at 1:30 AM Pacific to watch the game. So he was passed out and so was I, he wakes up at 6 (thus waking the dogs up as well). I go into his room to take the dogs outside and he says "TJ you made me miss the Canada game, WHY didn't you wake me up?" LOL.
tomschepker
643 Box Breaker

Postby Golfnut77777 » 2012-Dec-Wed-01-12

I was up and watched the game, but I didn't come on the computer. I was sooooooo tired after that I went straight to bed and just woke up, 11:30 am my time. Gotta love the kids letting me sleep in and not destroying the house too much before I woke up.

It was a pretty good game. I see some weaknesses that better teams like Russia and USA will expose if Canada doesn't straighten out these weaknesses.
My Photo Bucket

My Twitter: @Golfnut77777
MY EBAY
Golfnut77777

Postby shanedawg2k12 » 2012-Dec-Wed-03-12

I watched the first period of the Canada/Germany game live, but then tried to sleep until the encore this morning. Good game and I like the promise Germany has... but that's been "promise" for at least a decade or two now. Subban has some scary moments.
shanedawg2k12

Postby felixvictoria » 2012-Dec-Wed-09-12

:nanner :nanner taped the Game & watched it as soon as I got up, go Canada, and watched Spengler Cup later. Cda plays Davos next.
Spengler... :boo Sad loss today in OT....4 on 4 in the OT.
First played in 1923, the Spengler Cup annually pits Davos and Canada against four European club teams in a six-day tournament in Switzerland.
"Pominville, a locked out member of the NHL’s Buffalo Sabres, ripped a low shot past Canadian goalie Jonathan Bernier to give the top team in the German league a surprising victory.
“I know Bernier a little bit, so there was a lot of mind playing going on in the moment,” said Pominville after the game. “I’m just glad it went in to get the big victory for our team.”
felixvictoria

Postby felixvictoria » 2012-Dec-Wed-09-12

SPENGLER:
Canada fought back hard, but the lineup that includes NHLers Jason Spezza, John Tavares, Sam Gagner, Jason Williams and Jason Demers couldn’t find its range against Endras
:cry: :cry: :cry:
felixvictoria

Postby tomschepker » 2012-Dec-Thu-12-12

USA-Germany

Not so sure there is a whole bunch worth talking about from this game as it appeared the Germans were still kind of shocked from their 9-3 loss to Canada the day before. Credit to the Americans for showing up to play and for (mostly) playing within their (apparent) offensive system. There are portions of this offensive system that just look out of place at this level given the mix of major juniors and USHL/collegiate players.....they are gonna need to figure that out before they play the Russians.

Galchenyuk and Barber would both be ++ for me today.
Jones would be a + for me.

I again don't really know how I would fairly evalauate players in this game beyond the above given that the Germans didn't really show up at all til about halfway through the second...was it US dominance or was it that the Germans were shell-shocked? Was it both? Probably a bit of both IMO. This isn't to say the US is THAT good, but you gotta consider the Germans have been flirting with relegation for some time now.

For me, that second line with Galchenyuk seems to outperform the first line as a unit.....everyone on the Galchenyuk line knows their role and plays it fairly well. Penalties were again an issue, though a about half seemed to be sympathy calls later in the game.
Last edited by tomschepker on 2012-Dec-Thu-12-12, edited 2 times in total.
tomschepker
643 Box Breaker

Postby Eldonko » 2012-Dec-Thu-03-12

Ive watched pretty much every game that has been on so far. I dont stay up for em though, games starting at 2am can wait until I get up lol. I just avoid the internet and get up and watch the games.
Henrique PC, please let me know if you have something I dont! -> http://s1254.photobucket.com/user/Eldon ... rique%20PC
Eldonko

Postby Moguai » 2012-Dec-Thu-05-12

I didn't get to watch the German-USA game yet. But in the Past German Hockey has really been very inconsistent between games and even periods. They seem to be only able to adapt slowly and not well on the fly. I can Def. believe they were shell shocked after such a huge loss to Canada. In the past Germany has produced some decent talent but in general I don't think the are at the same level as Russia, Canada, USA. That being said I wouldn't under estimate them either, If they play their game and can get under the other teams skin they can beat almost any team out there.

I have watched alot of German U18, U20 and National team hockey in my 12yrs living in Germany and their Coaching and play style has been pretty consistent over the years (Typical German, Technical play but lacks the Feel for the game)
Moguai

PreviousNext

Return to General Sports Chat