The Following Breaks are Filling Now, Click the Links Below to Purchase your Spots.

Askpiper's football hits for trade

Forum for posting cards for sale/trade. When a deal is struck please post your trade or sale in the Transactions area.

Askpiper's football hits for trade

Postby tomschepker » 2012-Jan-Sun-03-01

Since my WONDERFUL fiance has decided she'd leave me to all the posting right now and will work on improving the photography we present of cards, I bring you this-her addiction to opening football hobby packs that she picks up at the local hobby shop and elsewhere when she doesn't see anything hockey she likes. All of this is up for trades, just PM me-the primary issue is that she prefers hockey in return.

IMG_4112.JPG
Mark Ingram R&S auto patch /299. She hit this tonight...she had quite a hit day all around ;)

IMG_4109.JPG
Jonathan Baldwin Studio Rookie jersey /299. hit this tonight....6 hits total today between hockey and football, crazy lucky.

IMG_4107.JPG
Another Baldwin jersey, absolute memorabilia, unnumbered and most likely not worth much to anyone but is nice looking IMO.

IMG_4103.JPG
Johnny White threads rookie auto holofoil parallel /299

IMG_4101.JPG
Brady gold holofoil parallel /100.
tomschepker
643 Box Breaker

Re: Askpiper's football hits for trade

Postby tomschepker » 2012-Jan-Sun-04-01

Round two: some other previous hits of askpiper. This is what happens when your fiance, wife or significant other gets impatient for a box break and/or a box of cards to arrive in the mail in an area that hockey isn't nearly as popular to collect as other sports and thus a nice open box of insert your prefered hockey card of choice at the moment is not available because their next shipment has not arrived since you bought them out the previous evening....Be aware and don't let this happen to you ;) .

IMG_4105.JPG
Tomlinson gameday jerseys prime with patch or possibly stripe and jersey /50. Nice looking patch/jersey, IMO.

IMG_4104.JPG
CJ Spiller threads 3 color prime patch /99, and one heck of a patch IMO.

IMG_4106.JPG
Malcom Floyd Gridiron kings jersey /299.
tomschepker
643 Box Breaker

Postby 46-Blitz8 » 2012-Jan-Mon-04-01

I love those R&S Auto patch cards, even if they are manufactured. I don't get it though. People love the ones from Limited, but not from R&S?? Its the same style of card!! Was that from the R&S Longevity set?
46-Blitz8
643 Box Breaker

Postby tomschepker » 2012-Jan-Mon-04-01

I believe so....I'd have to double check though at the store the next time I am over, which should be tomorrow-the owner had just put the box out and 3-4 packs had been bought already so knowing that shop there will be some left when I'm there next.

Askpiper has an uncanny knack for pawing at these random football packs in the hobby shop and just knowing which ones should have hits in them, regardless of thickness-the panini threads give her the most trouble, and she gave up on those-thankfully IMO, since they're way less attractive to both of us.
tomschepker
643 Box Breaker

Postby tomschepker » 2012-Jan-Tue-01-01

They were not from the Longetivity set. Plain R&S hobby.
tomschepker
643 Box Breaker

Postby 46-Blitz8 » 2012-Jan-Tue-04-01

Ok cool! I am still trying to figure out the difference between the two sets. Anyways, nice pulls guys!
46-Blitz8
643 Box Breaker

Postby rebornempowered » 2012-Jan-Tue-11-01

46-Blitz8 wrote:Ok cool! I am still trying to figure out the difference between the two sets. Anyways, nice pulls guys!

A few differences:

Longevity is a Target Exclusive unless your LCS runs to Target and buys a box to charge ridiculous amounts per pack for.

Longevity is a little fancier with the commons being some kind of foil card.

In addition the numbering on some of the jersey cards I've pulled is lower than the base set.

I am sure there are other differences but these are the big ones for me. I think Longevity is a nicer looking set with the foil. While not guaranteed any hits in Longevity you usually get at least 4 jersey cards a box and the box is only $49.99. I used some coupons around Christmas to get them for cheaper. I think I bought two boxes.
rebornempowered

Postby tomschepker » 2012-Jan-Tue-11-01

interesting. thanks for the info!
tomschepker
643 Box Breaker

Postby bktimmons » 2013-May-Sun-10-05

I would definitely be interested in the SPILLER card, what were you thinking on it?
bktimmons

Postby tomschepker » 2013-May-Sun-02-05

bktimmons wrote:I would definitely be interested in the SPILLER card, what were you thinking on it?

Let me see if we still have that around bk....its been awhile. Either Piper or I will hit you up by PM or email in the next day or two.
tomschepker
643 Box Breaker

Return to Buy/Sell/Trade