The Following Breaks are Filling Now, Click the Links Below to Purchase your Spots.

Anyone else use COMC?

Forum for posting cards for sale/trade. When a deal is struck please post your trade or sale in the Transactions area.

Anyone else use COMC?

Postby shanedawg2k12 » 2015-Jan-Thu-12-01

Hi everyone, crawling out from under a rock to see if anyone else uses COMC for selling/trading cards?
Teeks & I, a while back now, talked to one of the COMC reps at a show and I've since submitted over 1000 cards on the site, with decent sales! :)

I'll add a link to my COMC inventory later. Just curious if anyone else is using it too.
shanedawg2k12

Re: Anyone else use COMC?

Postby teeks643 » 2015-Jan-Thu-12-01

I never got around to signing up... After talking with the Rep for Western Canada he mentioned partnering up with 643 to do some cross-promoting but I've emailed him a few times since and he didn't follow up.
teeks643
Website Admin

Postby shanedawg2k12 » 2015-Jan-Fri-01-01

;) He still thinks we're brothers. Want me to talk to him again?
shanedawg2k12

Postby peanut » 2015-Jan-Sat-06-01

no, but have considered it and am interested in hearing more details about your experience?
how much did it cost to send in the 1,000 cards? what sort of cards did you send ie base, parallels, autos? commissions paid? ease of receiving funds from them? etc...
thank you for your help :)
peanut

Postby shanedawg2k12 » 2015-Jan-Tue-02-01

Out of the "1200" cards I've submitted, the service charges have been roughly $200. I like catching show promotions and have utilize a couple of those. The initial start-up is typically free, or extremely discounted. If I compare that price to fees on eBay, it's fairly comparable. But, I'm not responsible for individual shipping fees and the overall hassle of packing, taping, and getting to the post office.

I've sold less than 300 cards, but the average price for a sale is just over $3. The majority of my inventory is not super high-end and I've found that parallel sets are my biggest sellers: people filling in the holes of a 400-card parallel set. They also offer a system to sell your cards on Amazon and I've had a few sell through there as well.

Cashing out is relatively pain-free and I don't think I've waited more than 72 hours ever. There are service fees, of course, but when I'm selling stuff, it all works out. Payment is made to your Paypal account, or you can keep a running credit on their site.

In talking to other sellers at shows, a lot of people are into flipping cards on the site. They'll scour through the listings and purchase cards at the advertised price, then re-sell at a newer, higher price. I've done it a couple times, myself, but nothing super high-end. Maybe $5-10 at a time. I did see someone buy a Bernier Young Guns RC from me for $15 and then double the asking price. It's kinda cool you can track what happens with your cards afterward. :)

The cards I've submitted are typically inserts, autos, jersey/patch, or rookie cards. Base set cards, from me, are fairly rare. I find the prices for base cards on the site to be too high and would rather sell items with more value.
shanedawg2k12

Postby peanut » 2015-Jan-Tue-03-01

sounds like a very valid option for me to explore :)

But, I'm not responsible for individual shipping fees and the overall hassle of packing, taping, and getting to the post office.
of course this is a big plus :) It's great when I can reuse padded envelopes (and sometimes uncancelled stamps) but as soon as you have to purchase them, forget it, there is no point in selling some cards.
thank you very much for taking the time to reply :) now to start sorting :Dizzy
peanut

Postby shanedawg2k12 » 2015-Jan-Tue-08-01

Happy to help, man! Don't know if the COMC guy will be around for the monthly show in February, but he'll definitely be at the big weekend show again in March/April. If you don't submit anything until then, you could probably get a good discount with a show promo! :)
shanedawg2k12

Postby Bluenoze87 » 2015-Jan-Tue-09-01

I've considered this many times but just haven't gotten around to it. What happens if a card gets lost in the mail, who is responsible?
My eBay page, if I have anything listed?!?! http://bit.ly/L4WqKq
Bluenoze87
643 Box Breaker

Postby shanedawg2k12 » 2015-Jan-Tue-10-01

Bluenoze87 wrote:I've considered this many times but just haven't gotten around to it. What happens if a card gets lost in the mail, who is responsible?

If it's someone buying a card off of you, then it means you've submitted it and COMC is holding it in storage. They're the ones responsible if it goes missing. :) And you'll already have your money!
shanedawg2k12

Postby shanedawg2k12 » 2015-Oct-Mon-10-10

Following up on this because since I mentioned it originally, I haven't seen the COMC rep at any shows. Ha! I've been saving cards to submit at a show and it got to be a stack of boxes!

So, finally got confirmation that COMC *will* be at the next big Vancouver show, which is this coming weekend.

So now they're getting a box of 1800 cards from me!!
shanedawg2k12

Next

Return to Buy/Sell/Trade