The Following Breaks are Filling Now, Click the Links Below to Purchase your Spots.

Rest in Peace Bill, We wont forget you.

All Off-Topic Discussions

Re: Rest in Peace Bill, We wont forget you.

Postby Subterfuge » 2015-Nov-Fri-07-11

Yeah you dont realize how much you miss someone until their gone, i noticed that bill died exactly 3 years to the day after he made his forum account which is just spooky. His passing was a severe blow and im still struggling, so many years of late night chat when it was mostly just me and him left in the room. One of my fondest memories was watching the game together (but apart) and chatting as the hawks went thru like 3 or 4 overtime periods, he was so tired but just had to stay up till the end and he let out a triumphant roar when they won.
My Ebay - Please use this link when buying teams, bookmark it! and Breaks and Videos, come chat with us and watch live breaks on breakers.tv/643boxbreaks My Newest Project www.breakninja.com Awesome Checklist Site for all Sports Cards.
Subterfuge

Postby teeks643 » 2015-Nov-Fri-11-11

Exactly right, Mike.

Over the past couple of days I have really been regretting not getting the chance to talk to Bill one last time. I had no idea that it was this close and it's really sad to know I won't get that opportunity. It's strange how you can feel so connected to someone you've never "met" in person, even when I mentioned to my wife that we lost a good friend at 643, she was choked up and it was the first time she had heard of Bill.

We should rally together and do something special for his family during a really difficult time.
teeks643
Website Admin

Postby All4Kines » 2015-Nov-Fri-11-11

Ty, Mike, the whole Gang,
The service was yesterday, but at the end is the family's address , and a memorial contribution. Just an idea?
Semper Fi,
Chuck

William Louis Lavin
June 24, 1978 - November 25, 2015

SERVICE INFORMATION
Date and Time
Thursday, November 26, 2015 at 11:00 AM

Skokie Chapel
8851 Skokie Boulevard
Skokie, Illinois 60077

Clergy
Rabbi Leonard Matanky
Congregation K.I.N.S. Of West Rogers Park

Interment
Waldheim Jewish Cemetery
1400 South Des Plaines Avenue
Forest Park, Illinois 60130
Get Directions

Shiva
Lavin Residence
6933 North Kedzie, Unit 1206
Chicago, Illinois 60645

Get Directions

Thursday upon return from cemetery until 5PM. Friday 12-2:30PM. Saturday 7-9PM. Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday 10-5PM and 6:30-9PM.
Mincha/Mariv 4PM

Memorial Contributions
Chicago Chesed Fund
7045 Ridgeway Avenue
Lincolnwood, Illinois 60712

BILL LAVIN MEDICAL FUND
All4Kines
PAST 643 CHAMPION

Postby teeks643 » 2015-Nov-Fri-02-11

Pardon my Canadian Ignorance, but would that information on the bottom and the "Bill Lavin Medical Fund" be medical expenses that his family is responsible for paying? If that is the case, I think we need to set up some sort of fundraiser to support them.
teeks643
Website Admin

Postby All4Kines » 2015-Nov-Fri-03-11

teeks643 wrote:Pardon my Canadian Ignorance, but would that information on the bottom and the "Bill Lavin Medical Fund" be medical expenses that his family is responsible for paying? If that is the case, I think we need to set up some sort of fundraiser to support them.

I do belive it is, but my southern California ignorance is probably the same as yours. Perhaps this might how it would be addressed?

Memorial Contributions
Attn: BILL LAVIN MEDICAL FUND
Chicago Chesed Fund
7045 Ridgeway Avenue
Lincolnwood, Illinois 60712
Last edited by All4Kines on 2015-Nov-Fri-03-11, edited 1 time in total.
All4Kines
PAST 643 CHAMPION

Postby Bluenoze87 » 2015-Nov-Fri-03-11

teeks643 wrote:Pardon my Canadian Ignorance, but would that information on the bottom and the "Bill Lavin Medical Fund" be medical expenses that his family is responsible for paying? If that is the case, I think we need to set up some sort of fundraiser to support them.

I saw his aunt's post as soon as she posted it, unreal how life can be so unfair. Such a great fella and although I haven't been active with cards I had still be chatting with Bill on occasion because I had a stack of Hawks cards here we were working on a trade with. Big piece of 643 is missing now. RIP buddy!

If there's anything I can do to help with whatever you guys decide please let me know, I don't check the forum often but if someone could e-mail me that would be great.
My eBay page, if I have anything listed?!?! http://bit.ly/L4WqKq
Bluenoze87
643 Box Breaker

Postby teeks643 » 2015-Nov-Fri-03-11

I may try and contact someone close to Bill on Facebook to find out the best way we can help.
teeks643
Website Admin

Postby All4Kines » 2015-Nov-Fri-03-11

teeks643 wrote:I may try and contact someone close to Bill on Facebook to find out the best way we can help.

One way to start raising $$$ might be a charity break? It would probably be easier to get folks to participate too, just like the Wounded Warrior break we did a few years back. Just an idea?
Last edited by All4Kines on 2015-Nov-Fri-05-11, edited 1 time in total.
All4Kines
PAST 643 CHAMPION

Postby Subterfuge » 2015-Nov-Fri-09-11

im down if you can find someone to handle the money, i also volunteer to hold the break and will certainly donate some prizes towards it, anything for a bud and to help the family
My Ebay - Please use this link when buying teams, bookmark it! and Breaks and Videos, come chat with us and watch live breaks on breakers.tv/643boxbreaks My Newest Project www.breakninja.com Awesome Checklist Site for all Sports Cards.
Subterfuge

Postby Bummerboy » 2015-Nov-Fri-09-11

What can I say that hasn't already been said? RIP. Yes, a fundraiser for medical expenses is a great idea. Maybe a member in Chicago could handle the money and turn it over to the family. I would donate a card or two. I'm in. Jack
Bummerboy

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic