The Following Breaks are Filling Now, Click the Links Below to Purchase your Spots.

can canada post get any worse?

All Off-Topic Discussions

can canada post get any worse?

Postby Subterfuge » 2014-Nov-Wed-11-11

sure i get up early for delivery, what a waste of time.

07:57 KITCHENER Item out for delivery
07:57 KITCHENER Attempted delivery. Notice card left indicating where item can be picked up.


turns out the "item out for delivery" was the notice card, they didnt bother delivering the package at all and simply left the card to pick up the package tomorrow after 2pm, what a joke. i dont care if its the holiday season, i want the package i payed to ship to my door actually shipped to my bloody door.

end rant
Image
My Ebay - Please use this link when buying teams, bookmark it! and Breaks and Videos, come chat with us and watch live breaks on breakers.tv/643boxbreaks My Newest Project www.breakninja.com Awesome Checklist Site for all Sports Cards.
User avatar
Subterfuge
 
Posts: 8490
Joined: 2011-Nov-Fri-01-11

Re: can canada post get any worse?

Postby Golfnut77777 » 2014-Nov-Wed-11-11

I have had the same thing in the past. Best way to fix it is to make a complaint online. I did that last year and have never had a problem since. I used to get the emails, but no card or package delivered to my door. I would have to print the email off and take that to the post office to pick up my package.

Also, I have found if you give the postage carrier a box of chocolates or something like that at Christmas time, that really helps with how the deliver stuff as well. i usually get the cheap $5 box of chocolates from shoppers drug mart. cheap gift to get premium service.
My Photo Bucket

Image
My Twitter: @Golfnut77777
MY EBAY
User avatar
Golfnut77777
 
Posts: 2774
Joined: 2011-Nov-Sat-05-11

Re: can canada post get any worse?

Postby teeks643 » 2014-Nov-Wed-12-11

This was standard for me when I lived in B.C.

They never bothered to actually deliver the parcel, just dropped off the notice card to pick up the next day.
User avatar
teeks643
Website Admin
 
Posts: 8410
Joined: 2011-Nov-Tue-11-11
Location: Manitoba, Canada

Re: can canada post get any worse?

Postby peanut » 2014-Nov-Wed-02-11

We got this notice recently from Canada Post

http://www.canadapost.ca/cpo/mc/aboutus ... n/news.jsf

exert
"Instead of maintaining separate workforces on foot to deliver mail and in vehicles to deliver parcels, we are equipping our delivery agents with vehicles to deliver all products in a geographical area."
This may sound basic, but having the ability to deliver all of your mail, including parcels, to you and your customers all at once is a major change. It allows us to be more efficient. We’re changing so we can keep providing all Canadians with the reliable and affordable service you expect."


however what we have experienced is the opposite, no attempt is made at our door to deliver the parcel and instead the pick up notice is placed in our mailbox in the mailroom. My thoughts are the carrier with this new responsibility doesn't like there new extended work hours, it's to much work to ask of them and maybe there trucks aren't big enough to hold all this new added cargo. Maybe people who still get door-to-door service have seen an improvement but those with mailboxes out on the street haven't.
peanut
 
Posts: 263
Joined: 2012-Jan-Mon-03-01
Location: Vancouver BC

Re: can canada post get any worse?

Postby Subterfuge » 2014-Nov-Wed-05-11

yeah its sad, but they got lots of money to run that commercial with the dude and the red shopping cart delivering stuff to your door, i will certainly be complaining
Image
My Ebay - Please use this link when buying teams, bookmark it! and Breaks and Videos, come chat with us and watch live breaks on breakers.tv/643boxbreaks My Newest Project www.breakninja.com Awesome Checklist Site for all Sports Cards.
User avatar
Subterfuge
 
Posts: 8490
Joined: 2011-Nov-Fri-01-11

Re: can canada post get any worse?

Postby flyerstakedown716 » 2014-Nov-Thu-01-11

peanut wrote:We got this notice recently from Canada Post

http://www.canadapost.ca/cpo/mc/aboutus ... n/news.jsf

exert
"Instead of maintaining separate workforces on foot to deliver mail and in vehicles to deliver parcels, we are equipping our delivery agents with vehicles to deliver all products in a geographical area."
This may sound basic, but having the ability to deliver all of your mail, including parcels, to you and your customers all at once is a major change. It allows us to be more efficient. We’re changing so we can keep providing all Canadians with the reliable and affordable service you expect."


however what we have experienced is the opposite, no attempt is made at our door to deliver the parcel and instead the pick up notice is placed in our mailbox in the mailroom. My thoughts are the carrier with this new responsibility doesn't like there new extended work hours, it's to much work to ask of them and maybe there trucks aren't big enough to hold all this new added cargo. Maybe people who still get door-to-door service have seen an improvement but those with mailboxes out on the street haven't.


Uh The US Post Office has no problem deliver mail and parcels. Maybe Canada Post should take a look down the border to see how to do it
flyerstakedown716
 
Posts: 672
Joined: 2011-Nov-Sat-06-11

Re: can canada post get any worse?

Postby Golfnut77777 » 2014-Nov-Thu-11-11

flyerstakedown716 wrote:
Uh The US Post Office has no problem deliver mail and parcels. Maybe Canada Post should take a look down the border to see how to do it



Isn't the US Post Office like 3 billion dollars in debt and that is why it costs $7 to ship a plain bubble envelope to Canada?

Ya, I don't think Canada Post needs to follow the US Post Office. If they do, then we will have to start charging for shipping to the US! Not gonna happen!
My Photo Bucket

Image
My Twitter: @Golfnut77777
MY EBAY
User avatar
Golfnut77777
 
Posts: 2774
Joined: 2011-Nov-Sat-05-11

Re: can canada post get any worse?

Postby Eldonko » 2014-Nov-Tue-07-11

They do that to me all the time. They dont even knock on the door, just put the card in the mailbox because they are too lazy to carry the box from the truck. I already called head office to complain about 6 months ago but it didnt help.
Subterfuge wrote:sure i get up early for delivery, what a waste of time.

07:57 KITCHENER Item out for delivery
07:57 KITCHENER Attempted delivery. Notice card left indicating where item can be picked up.


turns out the "item out for delivery" was the notice card, they didnt bother delivering the package at all and simply left the card to pick up the package tomorrow after 2pm, what a joke. i dont care if its the holiday season, i want the package i payed to ship to my door actually shipped to my bloody door.

end rant
Henrique PC, please let me know if you have something I dont! -> http://s1254.photobucket.com/user/Eldon ... rique%20PC
Image
User avatar
Eldonko
 
Posts: 4267
Joined: 2012-Mar-Mon-10-03
Location: Calgary, AB

Re: can canada post get any worse?

Postby Subterfuge » 2015-Jan-Thu-04-01

here we go again, seriously 3 days to deliver from 6 hours away, glad i dont live out west where deliveries take 2 months at this rate

2015/01/06 15:32 OTTAWA Item picked up by Canada Post

over 24 hours later, still on the road apparently
2015/01/07 15:48 OTTAWA In transit

Yay! its in my city, i will get delivery today right???
2015/01/08 07:07 KITCHENER Item processed at local delivery facility

yes, thanks again for wasting my day, two deliveries in a row, you guys rock (now thats sarcasm)!
2015/01/08 09:05 KITCHENER Canada Post processing error; item re-routed. Possible delay
Image
My Ebay - Please use this link when buying teams, bookmark it! and Breaks and Videos, come chat with us and watch live breaks on breakers.tv/643boxbreaks My Newest Project www.breakninja.com Awesome Checklist Site for all Sports Cards.
User avatar
Subterfuge
 
Posts: 8490
Joined: 2011-Nov-Fri-01-11

Re: can canada post get any worse?

Postby Subterfuge » 2015-Jan-Fri-01-01

ok guess i will have to build up more overhead and order my stuff a week in advance now cause its gonna take 6 days to get a package from 6 hours away.

im really sorry for you guys waiting for cricket redemption boxes.

2015/01/08 17:18 KITCHENER Item processed
2015/01/08 22:04 KITCHENER Item processed at local delivery facility
2015/01/09 06:20 KITCHENER Item processed at local delivery facility
2015/01/09 08:13 KITCHENER Item out for delivery
2015/01/09 08:46 KITCHENER Item rescheduled for delivery next business day.
Image
My Ebay - Please use this link when buying teams, bookmark it! and Breaks and Videos, come chat with us and watch live breaks on breakers.tv/643boxbreaks My Newest Project www.breakninja.com Awesome Checklist Site for all Sports Cards.
User avatar
Subterfuge
 
Posts: 8490
Joined: 2011-Nov-Fri-01-11

Next

Return to Off-Topic

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron