The Following Breaks are Filling Now, Click the Links Below to Purchase your Spots.

can canada post get any worse?

All Off-Topic Discussions

Re: can canada post get any worse?

Postby lennoxmatt » 2016-Jul-Sun-07-07

Official statement from Canada Post

Negotiations Update
Postal service will not be interrupted while talks continue

Dear Canada Post customer,

Canada Post has withdrawn its 72-hour notice, which was to take effect Monday, July 11. As a result, there will be no lockout. We also expect the Canadian Union of Postal Workers (CUPW) to honour what it has said publicly on many occasions – that they wish to negotiate and have no plans to issue a strike notice.

We therefore expect mail service to continue without interruption, and we feel you can ship with us with confidence. In the event of a strike or lockout, either party has to issue a 72-hour notice and should this occur we would advise you immediately. At that time, we would work with customers to keep them informed and to prevent product from being trapped in the postal system.

Our decision to withdraw our 72-hour notice followed a statement issued by the Minister of Employment, Workforce Development and Labour, MaryAnn Mihychuk, for both Canada Post and the Canadian Union of Postal Workers to continue their discussions beyond the notice period. The parties now have the opportunity to focus on serious negotiations.

As we focus on that, our thousands of employees will focus on serving you, our customers.

Sincerely,

Serge Pitre
Vice-president, Sales
Canada Post Corporation
lennoxmatt
Keeper of the Fame

Postby Mason2 » 2016-Aug-Fri-11-08

According to the Canada Post they have been talking with the union and they have reached an impasse and could go on a lockout Sunday night they have already issued the 72hour.
Mason2

Postby Subterfuge » 2016-Aug-Fri-01-08

its funny how i went years and thousands of packages without a loss and ever since this postal stuff started ive had several claimed to be lost
My Ebay - Please use this link when buying teams, bookmark it! and Breaks and Videos, come chat with us and watch live breaks on breakers.tv/643boxbreaks My Newest Project www.breakninja.com Awesome Checklist Site for all Sports Cards.
Subterfuge

Postby lennoxmatt » 2016-Aug-Fri-06-08

Mason2 wrote:According to the Canada Post they have been talking with the union and they have reached an impasse and could go on a lockout Sunday night they have already issued the 72hour.

Talks broke down but I haven't heard the warning issued
lennoxmatt
Keeper of the Fame

Postby Mason2 » 2016-Aug-Fri-09-08

lennoxmatt wrote:
Mason2 wrote:According to the Canada Post they have been talking with the union and they have reached an impasse and could go on a lockout Sunday night they have already issued the 72hour.

Apparently they issued the 72 hour notice the other night but on the radio station in London they were talking lockout on Thursday.
Mason2

Postby lennoxmatt » 2016-Aug-Fri-09-08

Mason2 wrote:
lennoxmatt wrote:

Apparently they issued the 72 hour notice the other night but on the radio station in London they were talking lockout on Thursday.

I'm subscribed to their email updates, nothing has been said
lennoxmatt
Keeper of the Fame

Postby lennoxmatt » 2016-Aug-Mon-10-08

so apparently Upper Deck has been holding redemptions to Canada since June in anticipation of a strike, but have now said they are releasing them for shipment. Don't know if that is an indication of what's happening, guess you could ask who do you trust more Canada Post or Upper Deck
lennoxmatt
Keeper of the Fame

Postby lennoxmatt » 2016-Aug-Wed-04-08

Barring any last minute development Canada Post will issue a strike notice tomorrow
lennoxmatt
Keeper of the Fame

Postby Golfnut77777 » 2016-Aug-Thu-04-08

My Photo Bucket

My Twitter: @Golfnut77777
MY EBAY
Golfnut77777

Postby Subterfuge » 2016-Aug-Wed-12-08

apparentley they can get worse, i just had 4 packages returned to me marked as Return to sender/unknown/moved

one of them is from last week one from a few weeks ago, one from last month and one is from MAY 25TH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

unreal, already did a lost package dealie reimburse with the person in question
My Ebay - Please use this link when buying teams, bookmark it! and Breaks and Videos, come chat with us and watch live breaks on breakers.tv/643boxbreaks My Newest Project www.breakninja.com Awesome Checklist Site for all Sports Cards.
Subterfuge

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic