The Following Breaks are Filling Now, Click the Links Below to Purchase your Spots.

can canada post get any worse?

All Off-Topic Discussions

Re: can canada post get any worse?

Postby lennoxmatt » 2016-Mar-Mon-08-03

It's not hard to confuse Canada Post
lennoxmatt
Keeper of the Fame

Postby lennoxmatt » 2016-Jun-Wed-07-06

Even a judge agrees Canada Post sucks http://m.metronews.ca/#/article/news/ca ... ook.com%2F
lennoxmatt
Keeper of the Fame

Postby lennoxmatt » 2016-Jun-Fri-04-06

EBay has sent out a notice about Canada Post

As you are likely aware, there is a possibility that Canada Post services will be impacted by a labour disruption as early as July 2, 2016. We encourage you to visit canadapost.ca/update to read about the latest developments and sign up for email updates.

In the event of a Canada Post labour disruption, eBay will remain open for business, and we’re asking you to do the same. There is no need to put your store on vacation hold, to end listings, or to zero out quantities on multi-quantity listings.

Should Canada Post service be disrupted, we recommend that sellers:

Continue to list and sell on eBay; and
Be considerate and accommodate buyers who may wish to cancel orders if they have not yet been shipped.
eBay will be monitoring, and where possible adjusting, estimated delivery dates and eBay Money Back Guarantee timelines to ensure that sellers are not penalized for shipping delays.

eBay will communicate with buyers who purchase Canadian items prior to, or during, a labour disruption to ensure they are aware of the likelihood of shipping delays.

The eBay Canada Team will post additional details on the Announcements Board as they become available.

Thank you,

eBay Canada
lennoxmatt
Keeper of the Fame

Postby Golfnut77777 » 2016-Jun-Sat-11-06

Sorry, but knowing Ebay's history on sticking it to the seller, I don't trust that they will adjust and work with the sellers. I have closed my ebay store and don't plan on selling anything for the time being. No one outside Canada will care that our postal workers are on strike or being locked out. They will just care about getting their merchandise that they bought and paid for in a timely manner. Just sounds like too many headaches with the delays and people possibly wanting to cancel their orders if it is delayed too long. Why sell something if you think the buyer is just going to cancel anyways. sounds like a good way to lose money.
My Photo Bucket

My Twitter: @Golfnut77777
MY EBAY
Golfnut77777

Postby lennoxmatt » 2016-Jun-Sat-11-06

Agreed I've pulled everything down until this gets sorted out
lennoxmatt
Keeper of the Fame

Postby lennoxmatt » 2016-Jul-Fri-08-07

The union has asked for a 30 day truce in exchange for dropping an unfair practices complaint against Canada Post. If CP accepts it will delay all work stoppages for at least a month so that negotiations can continue without a strike/lockout. http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/business/cu ... -1.3670028
lennoxmatt
Keeper of the Fame

Postby Eldonko » 2016-Jul-Fri-10-07

"Canada Post had initially said it would lock out the 50,000 unionized employees today but later extended the deadline to Monday at 12:01 a.m. ET."

I guess we know by Monday if they agree to the 30 day truce.
Henrique PC, please let me know if you have something I dont! -> http://s1254.photobucket.com/user/Eldon ... rique%20PC
Eldonko

Postby lennoxmatt » 2016-Jul-Fri-01-07

They have agreed to the truce with the condition that if no deal is in place after 30 days than it goes to arbitration. Still waiting on Union to accept the condition
lennoxmatt
Keeper of the Fame

Postby lennoxmatt » 2016-Jul-Fri-05-07

Aaaaand of course the union refused
lennoxmatt
Keeper of the Fame

Postby lennoxmatt » 2016-Jul-Sun-07-07

Canada Post has withdrawn the lockout notice meaning delivery will continue. Either side could still walkout with 3 days warning.
lennoxmatt
Keeper of the Fame

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic