The Following Breaks are Filling Now, Click the Links Below to Purchase your Spots.

Paypal Scam

All Off-Topic Discussions

Paypal Scam

Postby teeks643 » 2013-Nov-Wed-12-11

I found the following email in my junk folder this morning. I immediately noticed the email address that sent it was service@paypall.com (note the extra 'l').

I've seen this same sort of thing but with eBay. They ask that you sign in using their link so that they get your Paypal address/password. I logged into my Paypal using a different browser and through the secure Paypal website and of course I found out that there is no open case.

Please keep your eyes open for similar scams.

Hello,

As part of our security measures, we regularly screen activity in the PayPal
system. We recently contacted you after noticing an issue on your account.

We requested information from you for the following reason:

A recent review of your account determined that we require some additional
information from you in order to provide you with secure service.

Case ID Number: PP-751-840-288

This is a second reminder to log in to PayPal as soon as possible. Once you log
in, you will be provided with steps to restore your account access.

Be sure to log in securely by using the following link:
Click here to login and restore your account access
teeks643
Website Admin

Re: Paypal Scam

Postby Eldonko » 2013-Nov-Wed-01-11

Yikes, they did that scam based off of PP's security measures. I had to reset my password and a bunch of stuff lately and they made me submit my drivers license to get full access back. Similar idea but it was actually PP that was doing it.
Henrique PC, please let me know if you have something I dont! -> http://s1254.photobucket.com/user/Eldon ... rique%20PC
Eldonko

Postby felixvictoria » 2013-Nov-Thu-02-11

Recently I was at the Royal Bank of Cda to make a deposit in my sister's account;I bank with a Credit Union and this was an exception. The next week I got an email purporting to be from the Royal Bank, with same type of message, There is a problem with my account, and log in to correct it. Duh, no way. This was disturbing. When you deal with a reputable (so called) bank, or ebay etc then you are like "tagged" for some scam.
felixvictoria

Postby flyerstakedown716 » 2013-Nov-Thu-04-11

My advice is if anything regarding an acount and requiring to reset especially for a security issue is Always call the customer service line instead of logging in. I got an email once from aol back in the day but called first and avoided the scam. Also there are no princes in africa haha :D
flyerstakedown716

Postby teeks643 » 2013-Dec-Wed-03-12

Nice try... (check out the email address at the top of the email)

Sent: December-18-13 12:34:11 PM
To:

Update your information

We need more information from you

Just like a bank, we need to confirm the information you've given us. Please provide the requested information as soon as possible to ensure you can continue to use your PayPal account.

Click Resolution Center to see the steps you'll need to complete. If no steps are currently listed, please check back in 24 hours.

Until we can confirm the information you've given us, we need to limit most of the functionality on your account. For now, you can continue to receive payments but you won't be able to withdraw funds or make payments.

You have 48 hours to provide this information. If we don't hear from you by then, we'll need to restrict your PayPal accountIf your account is restricted, you won't be able to send, transfer or receive funds..
If your account is restricted, you won't be able to send, transfer or receive funds.
You can update your information in our Resolution Center.

Update Now Resolution Center

More Information

Copyright © 1999-2013 PayPal, Inc. All rights reserved.
PayPal Australia Pty Limited ABN 93 111 195 389 (AFSL 304962). Any general financial product advice provided in this site has not taken into account your objectives, financial situations or needs.
teeks643
Website Admin

Postby Golfnut77777 » 2013-Dec-Wed-08-12

Did you report that to Paypal?
My Photo Bucket

My Twitter: @Golfnut77777
MY EBAY
Golfnut77777

Postby dubs88 » 2013-Dec-Wed-10-12

I just recently logged in to paypal and had to go through this long sing and dance about adding security questions. Then afew days later they flagged my account and I had to confirm my account by phone or mail. They didnt accept a cell number so now im waiting for a code by mail...
dubs88
643 Box Breaker

Return to Off-Topic