The Following Breaks are Filling Now, Click the Links Below to Purchase your Spots.

Chess Anyone?

All Off-Topic Discussions

Chess Anyone?

Postby teeks643 » 2013-Jun-Thu-01-06

Just wondering if there are any other Chess nerds at 643?

In my first teaching practicum there was a Chess Club in the Spanish Teacher's room and as I generally do not like eating my lunch in the Staff Room with the other teachers I found myself playing chess during noon hour with the students. It was a lot of fun.

At Chess.com you can play friends in a turn-based fashion (you just make your move when it's convenient, no rush as you have up to 3 days to make your move). It kind of reminds me of the days of old when Kings used to play Chess via horseback messenger.

Anyway, if anyone is interested in playing let me know! Dubs88 and I have been playing games over the past couple of months.
teeks643
Website Admin

Re: Chess Anyone?

Postby Bummerboy » 2013-Jun-Fri-08-06

Yes, I'm interested. Jack
Bummerboy

Postby teeks643 » 2013-Jun-Fri-09-06

Very cool Jack, if you sign up at Chess.com let me know your username and I'll invite you to a game.
teeks643
Website Admin

Postby flyerstakedown716 » 2013-Jun-Sun-05-06

teeks643 wrote:Just wondering if there are any other Chess nerds at 643?

In my first teaching practicum there was a Chess Club in the Spanish Teacher's room and as I generally do not like eating my lunch in the Staff Room with the other teachers I found myself playing chess during noon hour with the students. It was a lot of fun.

At Chess.com you can play friends in a turn-based fashion (you just make your move when it's convenient, no rush as you have up to 3 days to make your move). It kind of reminds me of the days of old when Kings used to play Chess via horseback messenger.

Anyway, if anyone is interested in playing let me know! Dubs88 and I have been playing games over the past couple of months.

3 days to make a move?! That can lead to one long chess game if each player took the 3 days to make each move haha
flyerstakedown716

Postby Bummerboy » 2013-Jun-Sun-06-06

i signed up, my username is,,,,,,,,, bummerboy.
Bummerboy

Postby teeks643 » 2013-Jun-Sun-07-06

flyerstakedown716 wrote:
3 days to make a move?! That can lead to one long chess game if each player took the 3 days to make each move haha

Generally moves are made pretty quickly. But the point is just to make moves at your leisure, as opposed to sitting down for a live chess game and moving every minute or so. For me I'll check my chess games on lunch break, or first thing in the morning, that kind of thing.
teeks643
Website Admin

Postby teeks643 » 2013-Jun-Sun-07-06

Bummerboy wrote:i signed up, my username is,,,,,,,,, bummerboy.

Found ya Jack, I invited you to a game.
teeks643
Website Admin

Return to Off-Topic