The Following Breaks are Filling Now, Click the Links Below to Purchase your Spots.

Super early keeper question, WHIR

Current and up and coming Breaks for the week!

Super early keeper question, WHIR

Postby Donnieclark » 2017-Nov-Tue-06-11

10 team roto, standard scoring
7 keepers, no price or round cost
2 c, 1b, 2b, 3b, ss, mi, ci, util, 5 of, 2 rp, 7 p
C - Gary Sanchez, Yasmani Grandal, Francisco Mejia
CI - Eric Hosmer, Mike Moustakas, Rhys Hoskins, Jake Lamb, Matt Carpenter
MI - Jose Ramirez, Francisco Lindor, Tim Beckham
OF - Nelson Cruz, George Springer, Andrew Benintendi, AJ Pollock, David Peralta, Mitch Haniger
SP - Jacob deGrom, Luis Severino, Aaron Nola, Luke Weaver, Masahiro Tanaka, Luis Castillo, Michael Fulmer, Jameson Taillon
RP - Greg Holland, Corey Knebel, Brad Hand, Brad Peacock
As it stands right now I'm thinking of going with Lindor, Ramirez, Sanchez, Springer, Benintendi, Cruz, and deGrom. Does everyone agree with that?
Ideally, I'd like to deal a few of these guys for a stud bat but we'll see what happens over the offseason. Which guys would you be looking to unload?

I didn't find the right solution from the internet.

References:
http://forums.rotoworld.com/topic/98764 ... tion-whir/

explainer video
Donnieclark

Re: Super early keeper question, WHIR

Postby tomschepker » 2017-Nov-Wed-03-11

So, there's a really long answer to your question and a short one. I'll opt for the short one since I don't know much about your league and specifically where you are losing points to or gaining against your peers.

My guess from a quick glance at your roster is that you are weakest vs. your peers in pitching related categories. That is where I would look to improve in the draft most -I'd focus my keepers where your strengths are now.

As far as your selections go, they appear fair enough depending on your league and more specifically where you fall within the league in the relevant catagories. I think that depending on what your deadline on for drop/keep is important as wherever Hosmer lands should be a significant consideration (though ultimately I think you still probably drop him).

For myself, I'm scared of DeGrom as long as he continues to pitch for the Mets. Lindor terrifies me going forward. Again though, I'm used to a 5 player keeper league so I've effectively trimmed you to 5 in my own head.

I'll also add here that I don't believe in Sanchez for the long term as its pretty easy to bet against sustained offensive performance from large catchers.

Everything does seem fairly reasonable though.
Last edited by tomschepker on 2017-Nov-Wed-03-11, edited 2 times in total.
tomschepker
643 Box Breaker

Return to Baseball Box Breaks