The Following Breaks are Filling Now, Click the Links Below to Purchase your Spots.

2 spots left in my yahoo FF league

Gentlemanly discussions about Football

Re: 2 spots left in my yahoo FF league

Postby 46-Blitz8 » 2012-Sep-Mon-02-09

i see vancouver lions having Pettigrew as a keeper. He is on Gryphs roster.
46-Blitz8
643 Box Breaker

This is what I am seeing at the bottom of the custom draft order screen

Pick Counter

All teams must have exactly 24 draft slots
Team Total Draft Slots Total Keepers
The Beer Buddah 23 1
Show me ur TD's69 25 2
Father Bad Touch 24 0
Ray Rice and Rutgers 23 0
Vancouver Lions 24 1
Northern Bears 24 2
Gryphs 24 1
bacardiholik-jets!! 25 3
Bluenoze87 24 2
Gato Calavera 24 2
46-Blitz8
643 Box Breaker

besides, this isn;'t the way I wanted the league to run. There is no keeper cost with this format.
46-Blitz8
643 Box Breaker

Postby Bluenoze87 » 2012-Sep-Mon-02-09

Keeper Cost? This is how I've seen it done in every league I've ever been in. This way the keepers just get picked and assigned spots then the draft starts in the 3rd round (which is really the 1st) with the last place team from last year picking 1st. Someone must have been editing it at the same time as me? It's back to how I had it originally. If you could explain what you mean I can adjust it.
My eBay page, if I have anything listed?!?! http://bit.ly/L4WqKq
Bluenoze87
643 Box Breaker

Bluenoze87 wrote:Keeper Cost? This is how I've seen it done in every league I've ever been in. This way the keepers just get picked and assigned spots then the draft starts in the 3rd round (which is really the 1st) with the last place team from last year picking 1st. Someone must have been editing it at the same time as me? It's back to how I had it originally. If you could explain what you mean I can adjust it.

I didn't mean for you to adjust anything. I had everyones keepers assigned to the round where they were drafted last season. I want to keep Welker, and I drafted him in the 5th round last season, so the cost is that I loose my 5th round pick this year. No one else has commish access.
46-Blitz8
643 Box Breaker

I'm sorry Brian, I misunderstood, I had posted that the keepers were all messed up and you agreed and I thought that's what you wanted me to fix. Seems a little odd doing it that way, you lose your 5th pick but gain a 1st round pick? I'll put it back the way you had it if you want. Sorry again, what was it you wanted me to do with the Commish access then?
Bluenoze87
643 Box Breaker

Bluenoze87 wrote:If you want to assign me commissioner access I can have a look

I didn't expect u to make changes from the stuff I did.

Lets start again. Had a beer, calmed down, peace, no harm no foul....

Actually, I made boo boo with Welker. I drafted him in the 7th. Anyways, as to your point, I would not gain a 1st round pick, I would loose my 7th round pick to get high round talent. Thats the cost of keeping Welker. The dude that has Gronk will get first round talent for his 14th round pick from last year. Reversely, if you took say Romo in the 3rd last year and decide to keep him, you would loose your 3rd round pick to get someone whos ADP is in the 10th or whatever... This is weird to you? I thought this was the way keeper league ran, with a cost.
46-Blitz8
643 Box Breaker

I got this from nfl.com and their fantasy setting info page

http://www.nfl.com/fantasyfootball/help/custom-keepers

Custom Keeper Settings

With the NFL.com Customizable Draft Board, League Managers can get as creative as they wish with their keeper settings. If the default keeper settings don't work for your league, NFL.com is happy to oblige. Set between 1-10 keepers annually, choose a custom keeper lock date and when you really want to customize, head to the Customizable Draft Board.

With NFL.com, you may choose to fully customize how keepers are allotted. For example, some leagues may choose to allot keepers to draft rounds based on the player's draft slot in the previous season. With the Customizable Draft Board, the league can get as creative as they wish, fully customizing how your keeper selections are allotted based on your league's unique criteria. The League Manager will be able to easily meet the specific specifications of your league by using the Custom Draft Board. This tool is available in your league's Manage section under the Draft Management section.
46-Blitz8
643 Box Breaker

I've been doing these pools forever and I've never seen it done this way but it is interesting, I just can't wrap my brain around it. If a team that sucked keeps their first Rd pick from last year even though that player wasn't too good then someone will be taking a player from them that didn't keep their first round pick. So in essence their team will not get any better and get stuck in the bottom again (without some lucky drafting). Just my $.02. I'll put it back and again I'm sorry I misunderstood.
Bluenoze87
643 Box Breaker

Back to the way you had it, sorry again.
Bluenoze87
643 Box Breaker

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk