The Following Breaks are Filling Now, Click the Links Below to Purchase your Spots.

Massive Trade alert!!

Gentlemanly discussions about the greatest game on earth :)

Massive Trade alert!!

Postby lennoxmatt » 2016-Feb-Tue-11-02

Leafs trade Phaneuf!http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/dion-phaneuf-traded-to-ottawa-senators-in-nine-player-deal/
lennoxmatt
Keeper of the Fame

Re: Massive Trade alert!!

Postby Mason2 » 2016-Feb-Tue-02-02

:D I cant help but smile the only part I don't like is that leafs also ditched Ryan Rupert
Mason2

Postby lennoxmatt » 2016-Feb-Tue-03-02

I think Michalek is the best gain for the Leafs out of that. Solid player. Plus not being on the hook for Phaneuf's salary.
lennoxmatt
Keeper of the Fame

Postby Eldonko » 2016-Feb-Tue-04-02

I know Im in the minority but I don’t like it. Some trash players and a pick for a top 2 dman which cripples an already weak team. Plus the salary in is basically the same as the salary out. I get that they think they have a chance at Stamkos but what star player in their right mind would sign a contract with this Leafs team? 1 good dman, 2-3 decent forwards, over a dozen pending UFAs. If I were Stammer I would stick with a Cup contender and not sign with a team that might make the playoffs in 10 years.
Henrique PC, please let me know if you have something I dont! -> http://s1254.photobucket.com/user/Eldon ... rique%20PC
Eldonko

Postby Mason2 » 2016-Feb-Tue-05-02

lol that's kinda true because I got 2 things for stammer I want him to go to leafs but I also want him to win a Stanley Cup and I don't know if leafs will get that done.
Mason2

Postby Golfnut77777 » 2016-Feb-Tue-06-02

I think the thing lost in all this is Cowen. I believe he is going to be a good solid defenseman for years to come. Is he a #2 dman like Captain Crunch? Not in your dreams, but he is going to be a solid man you can depend on. Phaneuf has looked like a pylon for most of his years in Toronto and that horrible contract he had was horrible. Now Ottawa is going to have to give Karlsson a raise cause you can't have Phaneuf making more then that. As for Stammer, I don't think Toronto was ever going to get him and if they do or if they had a chance, it goes out the window with the coach. If you look at Babcock teams of the past, no one player was a stand out player or bonafide #1 player. He has always had great all around players on his team and a number of them that could be considered equal to each other.

On the flip side, do you think this is Ottawa's way of trying to keep Karlsson happy or, do you think this might be them gearing up to lose him?
My Photo Bucket

My Twitter: @Golfnut77777
MY EBAY
Golfnut77777

Postby Mason2 » 2016-Feb-Tue-09-02

I honestly hope Ottawa keeps Karlsson he is a good d-man that can score some points.
Mason2

Return to Hockey Talk