The Following Breaks are Filling Now, Click the Links Below to Purchase your Spots.

Cards missing from "unopened" Upper Deck packages...

Gentlemanly discussions about the greatest game on earth :)

Cards missing from "unopened" Upper Deck packages...

Postby piranha_guy_dan » 2013-Jun-Thu-03-06

Please read the full story below.

Pre Break Video #1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtYYVwfItjQ

Box Break with results #2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHZdbHSRgoM

Please check out my Youtube video I just posted regarding my ongoing dilemma with Walmart and Upper Deck regarding cards boxes of cards I have purchased which were supposed to have 5 cards per pack but some only had 4 cards per pack and some cards only had 3 per pack. Coincidentally there was very few insert and some boxes had no inserts at all.

I purchased 7 boxes, the cardboard type not the TINs, from various series, from various years. All were supposed to have 12 packs per box and 5 cards per pack.
2 boxes were purchased from 1 Walmart store and 5 from another Walmart store.

I spoke to the Upper Deck customer service manager in California by phone and she told me because the boxes were more than 1 year old they are not covered under warranty. If that's the case they should be pulled off the shelf and not able to continue making money off of them if they aren't going to honour their products that are in sealed packaging. The boxes did not have the upper deck logo printed on the outer plastic selafane wrap. I did not know this prior to purchasing them or I wouldn't have.

Walmart assistant manager told me that Upper Deck pays for a spot in their store and have their own Rep come in and stock the shelves, Walmart also does not even count Upper Deck stock during their inventory. So the Walmart Manager could not refund me for the 7 boxes I purchased. I still have all of the cards from the packages, the wrapping from the packages and the card board boxes they came in as well as all receipts but they clearly don't believe me or don't care about their unsatisfied customer. I told the Manager that if Upper Deck won't accept responsibility they should remove Upper Deck products from all of their stores because Upper Decks poor warranty and customer service is reflective of Walmart because they are carrying and selling their products.

The Upper Deck Rep is apparently going to call me when they are in the store next to stock up. I spoke to a Manager at the store where I bought only 2 boxes and he said that he will get to the bottom of this and if Upper Deck doesn't do anything for me and neither does the other Walmart store he will make sure he does something to help me out.

Check back for updates on the progress of this issue. I will not give up on this until Upper Deck assumes responsibility for the continuity of their product and ensuring this issue stops and the products sold on their shelves are legitimate when hobbyists pay good hard earned money on their products.

Thank you for your support and feedback,

Dan
piranha_guy_dan Prospect Posts: 6Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:03 am
Last edited by piranha_guy_dan on 2013-Jun-Sun-10-06, edited 1 time in total.
piranha_guy_dan

Re: Cards missing from "unopened" Upper Deck packages...

Postby teeks643 » 2013-Jun-Thu-09-06

A while back my brother in law opened a blaster box of 08/09 Series 1 and it did still have the Upper Deck wrap on the outside, but every pack inside was opened and all inserts/young guns were removed. The card shop he bought it from on eBay sent him a replacement box.
teeks643
Website Admin

Postby Subterfuge » 2013-Jun-Thu-11-06

bottom line, never buy blasters or retail boxes from walmart, spend a little more and get a proper hobby box at mirajtrading.com or DA if you in the states.
My Ebay - Please use this link when buying teams, bookmark it! and Breaks and Videos, come chat with us and watch live breaks on breakers.tv/643boxbreaks My Newest Project www.breakninja.com Awesome Checklist Site for all Sports Cards.
Subterfuge

Postby piranha_guy_dan » 2013-Jun-Sun-10-06

Both video's are done now so you can see the before and after including the results......... quite interesting if you ask me!!!!! Check it out and leave some comments people :)

Pre Break Video #1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtYYVwfItjQ

Box Break with results #2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHZdbHSRgoM
piranha_guy_dan

Postby Bummerboy » 2013-Jun-Sun-07-06

Dan, let me know how you make out. Jack
Bummerboy

Postby Hammond11ca » 2013-Aug-Thu-04-08

I have had the same a few years back and stopped buying i emailed upper deck and everything and got no reply! its been an ongoing issue, theres also been people who buy the tins, open the packs get the young guns, and replace with dud packs and return the tin for refund! and of course walmart takes them back!! all they do is put them back on shelf re-wrap if needed!!
Mike said it best, i now just stick to hobby packs from trusted sources

I have also been told to not buy boxes on ebay for the same reasons, people will buy a case grab the case hits and sell the rest of the boxes.
Hammond11ca

Return to Hockey Talk